Saturday, July 9, 2011

Google Plus

So.. Like I said. Today little review of G+.
I was lucky to get invitation 2 days ago and did some testing.
What can I say.. actually it's really in beta and there are no many features yet. The most innovative thing is definitely "circles". Google made a good job with this one. Circles are groups of people categorized as you wish. It can be family, friends, co-workers. So.. with this feature you decide which people can see certain data. when you post something U have to select which circles have access to it. for example there is circle school and class. all people from class can belong also to "school". if there's some Party in your city you post something in stream (it's like wall on fb) and choose school as the target circle. so this way your school and your class can see this stream. but if there's class meeting going on then you choose class and this way only they can see your stream. IMO really good feature. Managing the circles is very easy with drag-n-drop.

Photos function is connected to google's picassa so if you have some photos you don't have to worry about reuploading.

There is also a lot of options about privacy. You can change almost everything what is visible and what's not.

What's interesting there's already smartphones support and it works well on my iP. android market has dedicated app and coming soon for iTunes store.

For now G+ misses few things but it has potential.


18 comments:

Rlx said...

I don't really get all the hype around it..

Keine Scheisse said...

Do you have any invitations for it? Keep this on, following

Destruhction said...

I don't really see google+ taking off soon, people are still very well addicted to fcebook and i doubt people will budge

Admin said...

Number of invitations is unlimited but google keep on closing and opening registration.

But yes, I believe I can send invitations.
Just send me message through Google Friends Connect with your email

Keine Scheisse said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Admin said...

Invites sent! Add people to your circles?


Posting emails publicly isn't good thing so just copied and removed :) hope you can register today

Sar1231542 said...

G+ sounds nice, too bad none of my friends use it

minecraft129 said...

Its just another facebook. I hated facebook anyways. haha

GMSoccerPicks said...

Im not a big fan of Facebook, i only use it to keep in touch with people and know when their birthdays are hahahah i dont think i will use G+, but thats the same thing i said about facebook a few years ago, so who knows. Never say never.

Gusman said...

Well, i got an invite to G+ and i didnt like it.

Keep up with the good work here :D

Anonymous said...

I think it will sink just like google buzz.

Scrubby Bear said...

G+ will suck. I agree with what you are saying though

Mark said...

I don't know much about G+, so thanks for the info :) It certainly sounds alright, better than Facebook at least, but I don't like facebook, there's a lot that's better than that to me lol. Such as this blog, which I'll be following.

gimpel said...

g+ sounds good but i think facebook is just too strong

Shaw said...

I really don't see this overtaking facebook

Anonymous said...

The circles are a cool innovation and definetely the big advantage to facebook. It supports privacy on the internet.

Anonymous said...

Do you think that google arrived late in purpose to the social networks? like part or their market strategie?

Lemur said...

interestin'

Post a Comment